Google Keep - revisited.

This week I am focused on a little-known but powerful and handy tool called Google Keep.
It is available as a web site and as an app for Android phones and tablets. AND IT IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR iOS
This is a simple tool for keeping notes and lists. I like the fact that I can customize the look and share the lists/notes with anyone I need to. Additionally, I love the reminders.
Let's take a closer look...

You can find the site by going to keep.google.com
The page has several notes on it that will help you get familiar with how Keep works.
As you can see in the image above, in list mode items will be presented with a box for you to check off. You can rearrange the items and the completed items (checked) will move to the bottom of the list. When you hover over the list you will be presented with the options to set a reminder, edit the color of the note, change the title, share the note, or archive the note. As with many things in the new design of Google, the three vertical dots indicate that there is a menu of more options.
If you select the note you will have even more options.
In the image above you can see the options menu expanded indicating the extra options.
One of my favorite features of this tool is the location-based reminders. If I need to remember to get more light bulbs at Lowe's I can create a note and set a place reminder. The next time I am at Lowe's, my phone will remind me to get lightbulbs.
Another great feature is the ability to share this note with others.
If I'm at a conference and I want to share my ideas with colleague, I just share the note with their email address. Sharing allows me to share my notes, as well as see the notes of the colleague I shared with.
Now you have the basics. Give it a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google Calendar Appointment Slots

Gmail (Pirate Email) Labels